Bmaple Legal Services

                       NOTARY PUBLIC

Matters We Handle

Small Claims Court

The Small Court is a branch of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. This Court is meant to provide a more accessible and less formal way of litigating disputes, where the amount involved in the dispute does not exceed the sum of $35,000 (Canadian dollars). The Court can also hear a case with a defendant's claim where the plaintiff's claim is $35,000 and a defendant's claim in the same amount, thereby putting $70,000 in dispute before the Small Claim Court.

In small claims court, you can sue or be sued for money or the return of personal property valued at $35,000 or less; this does not include interest and costs.


Summary Conviction Offences

Most criminal law issues are complex. It's always a good idea to talk to a criminal lawyer or criminal paralegal to help you navigate your legal rights and what options you may have. If you're mistreated or treated unfairly by the police or your charter rights were infringed, we will get you justice and set things right for you. We can defend your summary conviction offences where the maximum penalty does not exceed six months imprisonment; some limitations may apply.


Immigration & Refugee Board (IRB)

The government of Canada established the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB), the largest independent administrative tribunal in Canada, in 1989. The tribunal conducts refugee protection hearings, detention reviews, admissibility hearings and refugee and immigration appeals hearings. The tribunal is generally referred to as "the board" or by its four divisions (standard) namely:

  1. ​Refugee Protection Division (RPD)
  2. Refugee Appeal Division (RAD)
  3. Immigration Division (ID)
  4. Immigration Appeal Division (IAD)

We serve you in all these divisions.  CONTACT us today!

Mobile Notary Public

We can assist you with the following documents:

  • Affidavits
  • Signature witnessing.
  • Statutory Declarations
  • Copy Certification. Certified/Notarized True Copies of Original Documents
  • Wills
  • Powers of Attorney (POAs)
  • Travel Consent Letters
  • Insurance Proof of Loss Forms
  • Sworn Statements for Family Gift of a Used Vehicle
  • Life Certificates
  • Name Change Applications
  • Invitation Letters
  • Out of Province/Country Real Estate Documents
  • Contractor Statutory Declarations (CCDC 9A)
  • Subcontractor Statutory Declarations (CCDC 9B)

Mobile In-House and Office Appointment available.  Book your appointment today!

Landlord & Tenant Matters

At Bmaple, we can assist you with your current landlord-tenant issue(s), and also, we can help you circumvent similar possible problems in the future. Bmaple Legal Services, with solid experience and vast knowledge of the residential and tenancy laws, will act to protect your best interests. We can review your leases, update them to make sure they comply with the laws and update them where necessary.

Bmaple Legal Services can support our clients with matters such as:

-Rent increases:

-Non-payment of rent

-Evictions, etc.

It should be understood that most commercial leases must include the main reasons why and how a landlord can evict a commercial tenant. If you are a commercial tenant and your landlord wants to evict you or verse versa, to take you to small claims court Toronto, you should contact us or any licensed paralegal services to understand your rights and obligations under the law.

The Residential Tenancy Act of Ontario (RTA)

Under the Canadian constitutions, provinces in Canada have the legal mandate to regulate the tenancy laws. Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) of Ontario is defined by fundamental legislation that explains landlords' and tenants' obligations, rights, and responsibilities – including commercial tenants under Ontario Commercial Tenancies Act. Residential and commercial tenancy laws also provide an unbiased administrative board to resolve landlord and tenant issues.

Either landlords or tenants can submit an application to determine their respective rights under the Residential Tenancies Act and Ontario Commercial Tenancies Act. Contact us at Bmaple for more information and specific advice and avoid potential pitfalls. And they're many!

Please Understand This!

Under the Commercial Tenancies Act, when the tenant fails to pay rent, the Landlord can seize and sell your properties or end your tenancy, but they cannot do both. Sixteen (16) days after failure to pay your rent when it's due, the Landlord can, without notice, end your tenancy by changing the locks and evicting you pronto. The Landlord will give notice if the contract requires the Landlord to give the tenant notice.

The Landlord also has the legal right to "re-enter" the premises and prevent the tenant from using the premises any longer. The Landlord can also change the locks. However, to change the lock, the Landlord must wait 16 days after the rent was due.

For more information on both the residential and commercial tenancies, call us at Bmaple Legal Services.   

Please CONTACT us here.

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Due to serious concerns about the costs and delays associated with going to courts, an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) has become a tool used in conflict resolutions. ADR means alternative ways or procedures for settling conflicts between parties by means other than traditional litigation and court settlement. An ADR may involve many techniques such as negotiation, mediation, conciliation, and arbitration. Tribunal or court may be involved or participate in a mediation.